Despite writing off my cultural consumption in February in my previous post, there are some things I took in, now that I think about it.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt double-header (Premium Rush and Looper)
- Sockets showcase at Black Cat
- My Bloody Valentine, m b v*
- Tom Wolfe, Back to Blood
- Foul Swoops, Roomrunner, and Parquet Courts at Black Cat
- Waxahatchee, Cerulean Salt
- Elliot Perlman, Seven Types of Ambiguity
*This came out the night of the Sockets showcase. I like My Bloody Valentine but was more into, like, Ride. I had no desire to sit at my computer and watch the band’s website crash as people tried to download the album, so I went out and I’m glad I did: Hume, a band I have never particularly been stoked on, played a set that ripped a new hole in the universe. I suppose it was just as well that it was their last show.